HT37 Keying Question

Al Parker anchor at EC.RR.COM
Sun Aug 25 13:03:08 EDT 2002

Hi Bob,
    It doesn't have PTT "as-is", but 2 things are possible.  1.  I have, in
the past, set the VOX so that when I key the mike & speak, it comes in, and
delays just a little when I let up on the mic.  My mic is a D-104, which
switches the element in /out, plus has a PTT contact which isn't used in
this instance.  2.  It's not hard to add the PTT ckt which was used, I
think, in the later HT-32A or B.  It only takes the addition of 1 wire to a
contact on a mic jack or separate jack, as I remember.  You do need to
install a 2-ckt mic connector, or put a PTT jack on the back panel.
    Somewhere, on disk, I've got a copy of a magazine "shorty' that details
it, & would be glad to look for it & email it to you.
73,
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
BoatAnchors appreciated here