Heath Dial Overlays

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 16 23:14:44 EST 2002

I have now gotten the Comanche overlay artwork done.
Also, I have redone the Mohawk and Apache overlys
using completely computer generated artwork instead of
the old part scan, part computer.  The VF-1 / DX-100
series VFO dial is still a mixture of scan and
computer.  I am going to see if I can redo this using
computer generated graphics which will produce a
slightly better product (I bought a new graphics
program about a month ago and am trying to learn how
to use it - having some luck since the new slide-rule
type dials!).

The HG-10 dial has not arrived as of today.  When it
gets here, I can make the artwork for the overlay and
complete drum assembly.

Remember, with the overlay, the drum is no longer
slightly translucent, but is opaque.  You can make
your own drum using 1.5 inch diameter "tail piece" PVC
from a home improvement center for $2 or less.  You do
have to be careful to get it cut to the correct
dimension and to cut it "square".  If you don't want
to make your own, contact me about complete drum
assemblies.

I am going to try to get up some new photos, etc., on
the zcomco website in the next day or so to show the
overlays, drums, etc.

Look at the website or E-Mail me for information.

Thanks

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH