Stereo STODDART NMA-5A's.... BIG BOATANCHOR Pictures!! PART1

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BREVARD.NET
Sun Feb 10 14:15:13 EST 2002

Hi Bob,
One of my first jobs at the Kennedy Space Center was as a technician in the
electromagnetic compatibility group. We had three Stoddart EMC receivers with
all the accessories. They were a later model as they were lighter, more
portable, and had more plug ins. The company was big in that field but fell by
the wayside as better spectrum analyzers came along. Stoddart made several
spectrum analyzers but they were never very good and failed often. They were
also real boatanchors. Today one late model HP spectrum analyzer is all you
need. Enjoyed the write-up. 73's
Wayne;
W4GBW