WTB:Motorola Dispather aka Mocom-30

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 16 11:44:10 EST 2002

The Mocom 30 was a dash-mount MOBILE unit, not a
desk-top unit.  The lowband and highband units came
both in the "Dispatcher" and the Mocom-30 models.
However, the 450 MHz unit, the D34CMT-3100A, which is
what you are looking for, only was called the
Mocom-30.  Also, Motorola manufactured a relatively
few trunk mount versions of the Mocom-30 which used
the same accessories as the Motrac.

There are significant differences between the
Dispatchers and the Mocom-30s in the lowband and
highband units although the front panels and the
cabinets were the same.  The 450 MHz version
transmitter is actually a highband transmitter with a
varactor diode tripler in the final.  The receiver is
a much cheapened up version of the U44LHT Motrac
series.

Back during the 1970 - 1979 time frame, when I owned
the Motorola reconditioned equipment center for the
south-central US, I ran the 4 channel version
(D34CMT-3170A) on the 440 MHz amateur band.  However,
I gave it away years ago.  For its day, it was a
pretty good rig.  The receiver is still better than a
lot of the amateur band only equipment today.

The desk-top base station / control station that was
used during the time frame was the "Consolette" design
which was primarily a tube rig.  If you are trying to
"re-create" a specific public safety, etc., station,
then the Consolette would be much more appropriate.

Glen, K9STH

--- Cliff Wallace <WA6ZCB at ATT.NET> wrote:

Looking for a Motorola Dispatcher unit, which was also
known as a Mocom-30.  This was a desk-top hybrid unit
popular in the 60's-70's.  I am in need of a good
condition, working unit which is a UHF model. Single
channel is fine, but must be P/L.  This is to complete
a working display.

http://sports.yahoo.com