Knight T-400 transmitter

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 18 11:19:34 EDT 2002

The advertisement in the October 1959 issue of QST
"kinda" looks like the same type of "mock ups" that
the Collins' industrial design people came up with for
the KWM-3.  Not that the T-400 looks like the KWM-3,
which it definitely does not, but the "flatness" of
the whole thing indicates such (i.e. the "look" of the
scope tube).

By the way, I was "privileged" to have seen the 3
original cabinet designs for the KWM-3 (which was
never actually manufactured - was to be a modification
of the 718T series) when I was with Collins right out
of Georgia Tech at the Richardson, Texas, plant.

Glen, K9STH

--- Mike Sanders <k0az at sofnet.com> wrote:

Unless I am mistaken the ads included a very high
quality line drawing and artists rendition that looked
like a photo.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites