Extra Crystal Positions For Collins S-Line

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 5 12:34:05 EDT 2002

Years ago I expanded the range of my 75S3A receiver by
constructing a secondary board with a switch that
plugs into one of the crystal positions on the main
crystal board.  You have to open the top to change
frequencies when the main bandswitch is in that
particular position.  However, it allowed me to get
all of 10 meters (even though I probably didn't need
it - but is handy when using the receiver as a tunable
i.f. for 6 and 2 meters) as well as 12 meters.

You can put this into any of the crystal positions on
the main board to expand the frequency coverage of
that portion of the band that is covered.

I was asked a couple of days ago about producing
these.  The one in my 75S3A has provisions for 6
crystals which means the original crystal plus 5 more.
 However, they could be made for up to 10 extra
crystals.  There are no modifications that have to be
made to the equipment (you just plug it in and use an
existing screw to hold the assembly in place).

I am wondering about the interest in such an animal.
I haven't figured out a price, but should be well
under $100.

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH