More on the additional crystal decks for the S-Line

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 6 11:29:21 EDT 2002

If the 6 position crystal decks work out fine, I have
been looking at the possibility of making a dual 6
position deck.  That would allow two different 6
crystal positions for different bandswitch positions.
The main differences would be the fact that this would
have to be a bit larger, and the plugs that go into
the main crystal deck on the unit would have to be
polarized (that is they only could go one way because
the ground would have to be continuous on the added
crystals and not switched as in the 6 position model).

However, this all depends on whether or not I can get
a good supply of HC6/U crystal sockets.  Anyone who
knows of a good supplier of these at a reasonable
cost, please let me know.  I have been looking around,
but am also open to suggestions.

If I do make the "dual 6" version, it will be a little
"ways" down the road (i.e. "don't hold your breath!").

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites