ant info

David Harmon k6xyz at ATTBI.COM
Thu May 30 13:52:11 EDT 2002

Leon....windom antennas are said to be prone to TVI but I have never
used one
so lets get some other comments about this.
    Dave K6XYZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Leon Wiltsey
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:34 AM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: ant info

Hi Gang
I am contemplating putting up a new  all band antenna,
Dont have bucks  for factory made one.
in the arrl book 33 simple weekend projects, they show the details on a
Carolina windom
ant and say it works very well, and I have most of the stuff to put one
up..
now I am in south florida, so  need an antenna that will have the major
lobes so I can work in a noth westerly direction.  I have a trap dipole
that runs near east and west so get out very
good to europe and russia, but not well  to anything west of iowa.

Need to know what the major lobes are on a carolina windom ant as I can
get one up
running north and south, but have been told the major lobes of this
antenna are off the ends.
So wondering if the info I  have is dorrect and if so I guess it would
have to run nw and se.

HELP

kf4rcl
Sebring Fl

lee

  _____

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click
<http://g.msn.com/1HM305401/43> Here
post - BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV Archives -
http://interactive.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html