Repairing bakelite

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Tue Nov 12 23:00:54 EST 2002

Get some thin, clear or black (if the panel is black) good quality two-part epoxy. Mix, inject it into the crack with a small syrnge and clamp it well. Wipe off the squeezed out glue before it sets and clean surface with alcohol.  If the crack really
vanishes, the repair will be almost invisible. You can polish the surface afterwards.
-John