6KD6 Sweep Tubes - What radio?

William R Colbert w5xe at JUNO.COM
Mon Oct 21 20:23:39 EDT 2002

The SBE LA1 and LA2 linear amps used the 6JE6
type tubes for one manufacturer, another was the Swan 750CW
which could use the 6JE6 altho it was primarily designed
to use the heavy duty version - 6MJ6 to achieve the rated
power output.  I think the 6KD6's were used in the early
Yaesu FTDX 400-500 series transceivers, Yaesu fldx-2000
linear amp.  I vaguely recall at least one or two U.S. made
transmitters or transceivers with the 6KD or 6JE6 but just
can't bring them to mind at the moment.

73
Ray