SX-28 Dent Removal

Freeberg, Scott (STP) Scott.Freeberg at GUIDANT.COM
Tue Apr 8 11:51:25 EDT 2003

Here is something I had success with.  I bought an EF Johnson 250-33, thats the 10 watt speech amplifier option for the Viking Desk Kilowatt.  Somewhere in the recent past something contacted the knob and pushed it inward, leaving a circular indentation.  It might not have been so bad if the knob wasn't cockeyed.  To flatten it back out and not damage the silkscreeing on the front panel, I put a huge thick aluminum washer on the backside right on the indentation, a 2x4 across the front panel, and used a big "C" clamp across the two, slowly twisting the clamp screw and drawing the circular indentation back to the front panel.  It turned out quite nice.  73, Scott WA9WFA
WA9WFA Scott in Saint Paul Minnesota
ARRL Life Member, CCA 962, AWA
Licensed since 1967