For Sale: For Sale: 304TL Vintage Transmitting Tubes

Edward Greeley etgreeley at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Apr 18 00:22:24 EDT 2003

Wow! Such a DEAL! ;-)  I can remember when 304TLs could be had from many
surplus peddlers for one buck a pop. Of course, that was 35 or more
years ago...that was then, this is now. I never could figure out why
there seemed to be so many of them available surplus; the only military
equipment I ever ran across that used them was the SCR-584/784
auto-track radar sets that I used to work on. The tubes were used as the
magnetron keyer, one per set, and I can't remember ever having to change
one!

Just be careful you aren't trampled in the rush of audio-phools if they
find out about your tubes...they seem to LOVE triodes, and the bigger
the better!