AC power supply for R.1155

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Mon Aug 25 17:38:30 EDT 2003

John - I built a 240V AC power supply for one of these back in 1964
at the age of 14. It was my very first SW receiver and I loved it!

The best I remember, it was a piece of cake to build this power supply with one
transformer that provided both 275V DC and
the 6.3V AC for the heaters. It was all entirely conventional.
I don't remember anything about something
floating in that set up...

I hope that helps. You could try asking G4BXD or G3UUR if you
are uncertain. Either could point you in the right direction for
some help if they do not know the answer themselves

Keep us posted - oh and if you get tired of the R-1155 PLEASE
sell it to me (grin!)

73 - Brian, AF4K / G3XLQ / A4941