FS:Conar Twins - Conar 500 Receiver & Conar 400 Xmtr

Dave Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Sun Dec 7 21:34:40 EST 2003

For Sale: Conar Twins - Conar 500 Receiver & Conar 400
Transmitter....$125 plus shipping
These are a beginning transmitter and receiver made by the National
Radio Institute of Washington DC in 1965. The receiver is a 4 tube
superhet with a built in speaker covering the three novice bands at the
time 80, 40 and 15 meters. The transmitter is a single 6DQ6 with and
input power of 25 watts covering the same three bands. I opened up the
receiver and transmitter and they look to be original and unmodified.
The receiver works well. In fact I was impressed with how it sounded for
a simple superhet. The  speaker which is on the side of the unit needs a
grill cloth as it is missing. The transmitter has been checked also and
puts out 15 watts on the Bird wattmeter. The transmitter does have one
small hole on the front panel. Included are copies of the transmitter
and receiver instruction manuals.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/conar5.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/conar.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/conar2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/conar3.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Dave  N7RK                  http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

            ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!