Heathkit HW-101 Rubber 'O' Ring Tuning Belts

E. Jerold Forwood e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Mon Jan 20 18:37:41 EST 2003

The ones supplied by the "others" are still the same O-rings as those you
can buy at the hardware store. Be careful as to size, thicker diameter of
the belt's cross section is better, and you will get several years life.
Also be careful to not use ones that will put too much tension on the
pulleys, as this will cause the shafts to bend and the capacitor plates
to move.  It is possible to make the plates touch and short out.
You can pay as much as you want.  I have seen them advertised for as much
as $15.00 a set.  But I'll bet the seller paid at least $0.50 each for
them at his local hardware store.
73's de Jerry, KØEJF

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:49:42 -0800 Robert Lawson <w4rl at BELLSOUTH.NET>
writes:
> I need to find out who supplies rubber 'O' ring tuning belts for the
> HW-101. There was a post for such, but I can not find it. I found
> some
> from the hardware store but they broke in half from the heat in a
> couple
> of months.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,