Fw: Need information on a home brew rig

Kees Talen windy10605 at JUNO.COM
Wed Jul 2 22:18:16 EDT 2003

It's GE ham news, one of the local hams (Cliff White) bought one just
like
it at the Burnet swapmeet and I found the articles. Pretty low power
without
the amp which was the next article. I made a copy and it's around here
....somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out. I know Cliff has a copy.

73  Kees K5BCQ

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James True N5ARW <n5arw at AUTOMATION-WORKS.COM>
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:58:52 -0500
Subject: Need information on a home brew rig

I found a really great home brew rig at Dallas HamCom.  Someone saw it
and told me they thought it was a KWM-1 clone built from an article in GE
Ham News but I can't find it in any of the copies I have.  No luck in RCA
Ham Tips either.  It does have a Collins mechanical filter.  If anyone
has any information on this rig, I would really like to know more.
Please take a look at the photos and see if you recognize it.

http://www.boatanchor.com/hb_kwm1/index.html

Thanks & 73
James N5ARW