VIRUS WARNING

Fred Olsen fwolsen at EXECPC.COM
Mon Jun 9 18:49:13 EDT 2003

J. Forster wrote:
> The original message that the virus infected DID come from the list and therefore
> the infected computer is (or was) a subscriber to the Boatanchors list. That's why
> I posted the warning to the list. The messages are NOT coming via the list itself.
> The message was 'sent' by the virus running in someone's 'puter.  The sender's
> address is a fake.

Yes ... and maybe no.  I'm not an expert on this, but the same thing
happened several months back using one of MY messages.  Except that my
computer never was compromised at that time, it was entirely clean, plus
I run Netscape and therefore am not subject to all the ills of Microcrap
products.  I do concur with your last three points.

Fred
--
<><