IDENTIFY WWII XTMR

Dee Almquist w4pnt at VAIX.NET
Tue Mar 25 20:23:26 EST 2003

distant past.
Keep in touch....
73 es Dee

----- Original Message -----
From: James Tolar <w5sqe at INAME.COM>
To: <BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 2:45 PM
Subject: IDENTIFY WWII XTMR

> In 1952, about a year after getting my first ham license, I traded my
Harvey Wells TBS-50D for a war surplus shipboard cw transmitter. I have been
trying to remember(a skill that has disapated somewhat) what the rig was. I
believe it was a Federal FT-102. It was in a 6 ft high by about 19inch wide
cabinet. The rf part was in the top, and hinged out and down. In fact, if
not careful, on your head! The rf section had a vfo, followed by a number of
6L6s(or 1614s), followed by a pair of 813s.
> The rig was tuned by following settings in the instruction book. Below the
rf section was an opening for a receiver, and an operating shelf extended
forward from the bottom of the receiver opening. Below that was the hv power
supply compartment.
> Can anyone venture an opinion, or guess as to which transmitter this was,
and on what type of vessel it was used?

http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.asp?list=BOATANCHORS