** Wanted to buy Home Broadcasters, Phono Oscillators, and Babysitters!

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri May 2 18:23:51 EDT 2003

No pictures I am afraid, but mine was a homebrew 807,
grid modulated by a plastic K-Mart record player!!
I used a 1400 kc/s crystal though (sophisticated eh?!!)
Not sure where the rock came from but the
station worked very well from the third story of a
fake "windmill" type building that served as the poolhouse/laundry
of our apartments in Georgia. It started out life in a construction shack, but that
was of course lower to the ground, and the
AM signal travelled much farther after going up to that
3rd story level!

I don't have it now, so it's not for sale - sorry!

Most of the parts came from a cannibalized MARS surplus
BC-610 tuning unit some ham had given me (sorry!)