QUESTION

George Maier George at MAIERGROUP.COM
Thu May 29 09:58:41 EDT 2003

Ben:
The TS-90 is definitely an unusual transmitter.  I have two of them and I've
seen a third.  Like you I've been trying to understand its origin, which I
believe is commercial in nature.  One of mine is like yours, 2 to 12 MHz, as
are the others I've seen.  My second TS-90 is totally different.  Coverage
is identical to the T-90, but with six meters added.  Thanks to Joe Veras,
N4QB, it was featured in the CQ Classics calendar for January of 2001.  I
have also placed ads in ER asking for info - nothing. Does anyone on this
reflector have any more info on these rare birds ?
Vy 73,
George - K1GXT

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Ben
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 8:43 AM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: QUESTION

HELLO:- Does any one out there know some thing about the Harvey-Wells
"TS-90" Transmitter ??? I just acquired one-and the Frequencies are  2 to 12
Mhz.,- across Six Bands,- not normal Amateur Radio Frequencies. Also is this
a Rare piece of Harvey-Wells ???? It came with a Manuel,- but it does not
tell you what the Transmitter was originally intended for.  Any Info would
be appreciated.  Thank you, Ben.  K9BEN.    ben at seii.net