S-19R Problem

Jim Bowman jimbowman at SEANET.COM
Tue Sep 23 14:11:59 EDT 2003

Hi Jim. I have a Sky Buddy to get working when I get to it. It was my
first commercial receiver back in my novice days in about 1955. I wanted
another one for sentimental reasons and found the one I now have at a
flea market. It needs a speaker and not sure what else, but it is in
pretty good shape cosmetically.

As I recall, they weren't very sensitive to start with, since it has no
RF amp stage. I think it was pretty deaf on the higher bands, but can't
be definite. Let me know what you find out if you will.

Good luck and 73,

Jim W7HPK