Hallicrafters HA1 Keyer

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 12 01:00:53 EDT 2004

Did you check the output transformer with the speaker
disconnected?  Did you check the speaker disconnected
from the transformer?

If you checked with the speaker connected then it is
certainly possible that you are reading through the
speaker and the output transformer secondary could be
open.  Or, the speaker voice coil winding could be
open and you are reading through the transformer.

Is the cone of the speaker "clear"?  That is not
"dragging" on the magnet, frame, etc.  Does the
speaker "click" when you put the ohm meter across it?
The speaker should definitely make a "click" sound
when the ohm meter is connected.

Glen, K9STH

--- Rinkie & Ron Pollack <rinkies at ADELPHIA.NET> wrote:

Checked speaker

I assume that the transformer is ok, since if the
primary were open then there would be no voltage on
the plate, and I checked continuity on the secondary.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth