Bush: Broadband for the people by 2007-The story

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Thu Apr 29 17:40:03 EDT 2004

***  Danger Will Robinson!!  ***

The Bush Push for BPL -

This is a non-partisan comment. I would be just as angry if
a democrat or any other party's leadership were pushing this
foolish, DIRTY, EVIL technonogy

 Quote:

In a rare foray into technology topics, President Bush has lent his support to a
broad set of proposals that include a deregulatory approach to wiring America with
fast Internet connections.
In a speech in Minneapolis on Monday, Bush said "every corner" of the United
States should be in reach of high-speed Internet links by 2007. Broadband
connectivity guarantees "that we have access to the information that is
transforming our economy," he told the annual gathering of the American
Association of Community Colleges.

To make that happen, Bush on Monday ordered federal agencies to streamline the
process of granting broadband providers access to federal land. The White House
stressed in a fact sheet that Bush was backing the Federal Communications
Commission's efforts to deregulate fiber-optic connections, as well as the U.S.
Department of Commerce's development of specifications for broadband over
power lines

= = =

Bush: Broadband for the people by 2007

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5200196.html?tag=zdaresources