Repainting Power Transformers and Chokes?

Mark Sykes mark at MARKSYKES.NET
Fri Aug 13 08:05:25 EDT 2004

All,

I will finally be getting around to junking the tube Magnavox TV console in
the barn.  Two items of immediate interest are the power transformer and
attendent choke.  They're rusty but if they test good I'd like to repaint
them before using them possibly in a MOPA transmitter.

My question:  Will repainting these items involve something more than
sanding and spray-painting with Krylon glossy black paint?  Should they be
cured in the oven or receive some top coat?

Thanks,
Mark
KD8RG