[MV] A Disgusting Development... re: eBay

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Sat Aug 21 15:28:00 EDT 2004

Yes, you can remove them after the fact. You can also put toothpaste back into
the tube, but it's a pain.

Furthermore, I just found out the hard way, that with this new 'feature' you can
only bid under the used ID that corresponds to the email account you are logged
into. I run cookie flushers all the time, but eBay has apparently found some new
way of hiding them. They KNEW my user ID and PW, WITHOUT my entering them. So
anyone with access to my computer can bid in my place, w/o knowing my user info.

IMO, this is a real security risk.

-John