FS: National SPC-697 Power Supply Speaker Combo - 1936

Dave Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Sat Aug 21 21:53:07 EDT 2004

National Radio SPC-697 Power Supply Speaker
Combo.........................$375 plus shipping

This is a rack mount combination speaker, power supply and coil storage
box from 1936. This will work with the early HRO, HRO-5 and R-211U
series of receivers and possibly a few others. The power supply output
is +240 VDC and 6.3 VDC for the filaments.  I installed an NOS type "80"
rectifier and checked it out with one of my HRO-5TAI receivers. The
power supply works fine. The speaker was also tested and sounds great.
The coil box will hold five coilsets. This needs new felt as the almost
70 year old felt is in bad shape. I have been a National collector for
10 years and have never seen on of these before. They must be somewhat
rare! Unfortunately, I don't have an early HRO to go with this and I
have never been a fan of rack mounted equipment.

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/spc697.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/spc6972.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/spc6973.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/spc6974.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/spc6975.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/spc6976.jpg

I will ship overseas.

Thanks for looking

Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector