Re-bronze a cabinet?

paul hendershott pjhender2002 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 24 14:27:17 EDT 2004

Hi guys - i have an old bronzed solid-copper radio cabinet that I would like to restore. some of the bronzing has been scraped off and scratched so i would like to either remove the brozing if it's possible with some sort of acid bath and then just treat the copper cabinet with something to keep it shiney and from oxidizing. Or, if there is someone out there with the ability to affordibly re-bronze a cabinet(12"x7"x8" apprx), I would be interested in going that route as well. I seem to remember a fellow in QST who re-did a copper DX-100 chassis and sealed it somehow. Thanks for any help! 73
Paul