Ventilation and stacking of BA's

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sat Feb 14 15:37:42 EST 2004

Kevin - an Apache NEEDS to be cooled by a fan!
Yours may have possibly had a fan at one time.
Most of them failed after a number of years passed.
Some guys didn't bother to replace them, or substituted
another type of fan such as a muffin fan.
That will work fine so long as it moves plenty of air.

These fans are everywhere nowadays and you can
probably mooch one off an old piece of discarded
computer or medical equipment.  Interestingly, the
original fan in the Scratche Apache, was almost
identical to the motors that were used in
"record changers" of the 1960s.
Open frame mootor with the windings visible, and
a shaft out one side that would drive the fan blade.
I forget how it was supported but you can get creative
with it!
Make a bracket or something that will support your fan
if the original metal support is gone.

Let us know how it works out for you!

Bry, AF4K.com