6907 versus 5894

Dennis L. Wade dwade at PACBELL.NET
Sat Feb 28 13:43:47 EST 2004

In the interest of actually understanding the tube ratings, :), here
is what I found on the web.  I'm guessing...but could the confusion
be the difference between "Max Plate Dissipation" and "CCS/ICAS"
output power?

   I'm not clear on all that the goes into the two parameters,  so
I'd appreciate a summary.

See:

     <http://www.wps.com/archives/tube-datasheets/Indices/6907.html>

            Dennis

> You must have some "special" 6907 tubes or mis-marked,
> or something!  The "regular" 6907 is about 40% the
> height of the 5894.
>
> Glen, K9STH
>

> --- Brian Carling <bcarling at CFL.RR.COM> wrote:
>
> Interestingly the 6907 is in the exact same size
> package as the 5894 and has the same gold pins.
>
> =====
> Glen, K9STH
>
> Web sites
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth
> http://home.comcast.net/~zcomco

> http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

> BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV Archives -
> http://interactive.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html

"If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts"

Dennis Wade
KG6ZI
Carmichael, CA