FIRST? SINGLE SIDEBAND

lmpicard lmpicard at ALLSTREAM.NET
Mon Jan 12 21:31:40 EST 2004

Thanks for the interesting information.  Did some of these "SSB"
transmissions include some pilot carriers?

General Curtis LeMay was said to have used some "amateur" gear to prove
to the superiority of SSB comms to the Air Force, maybe in the late 40's
or 50's.

I think I remember a similar discussion here a few years back.

Someone stated that some form of synchronous detection was used on these
wire line or possibly microwave circuits.  Either the low-level carrier
was filtered and amplified or an analogue circuit somehow locked onto it.

I believe it was stated that either radio or TV network sound was
carried on these SSB circuits over the long haul.

Am I dreaming?