Wanted-PLC info

Nigel Holmes 03 9626 1914 fax 03 9626 1899 holmes.nigel at ABC.NET.AU
Thu Jan 22 01:39:08 EST 2004

This is from an Australian interest group concerned about spectrum issues:

US COMMUNICATIONS REGULATOR INTENT ON DEPLOYING BPL

Chairman of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Michael Powell,
gave an address to the National Press Club in Washington on 14 January 2004.

Under the topic of "new emerging platforms" (sic), Mr Powell said,

"With BPL you theoretically reach every power outlet in America with a broadband

connection. Our goals of universal service will be substantially advanced
if this service is deployed.  We will continue to explore ways to support
this technology while protecting other services from interference."

Full text of the address is at:
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242885A1.pdf>http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242885A1.pdf

Nigel Holmes
ex-VK3ZNQ