Who uses 'em?

Rinkie & Ron Pollack rinkies at ADELPHIA.NET
Mon Nov 8 00:39:10 EST 2004

I've been "lurking" on this list for a while, and got to wondering-How many
of us actually put this old gear on the air?

I like to try them out during contests, as there is a lot of activity on
several bands, and you can tell how everything performs.

Just spent an hour during the cw sweepstakes and made about 20 QSOs on 40
and 80 using the following:

HQ170/DX20/VF1/HA1/AM2 (SWR Bridge)/Johnson Matchbox/Dow Key
Relay/Vibrokeyer to a dipole.

Except for the wire in the dipole, I believe all of it was made before 1960.

It sure is not as efficient as a ricebox, but I think that the receiver is
as good as any!

Can e mail a picture of the setup if anyone's interested!

Ron K2RP