Website size problem

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 17 19:03:59 EST 2004

Almost every time I put out some information about one
of my webpages I get one, or more, inquiries about the
fact that the links start to load "normally" but then
go "very small".  For some reason, Microsoft Internet
Explorer and the Comcast (also the old AT&T websites -
Comcast bought out AT&T a couple of years ago)
websites don't seem to "get along"!

Actually, there is a minor change that needs to be
made in the Internet Explorer that is on your
computer.  This change doesn't seem to affect anything
except the Comcast websites (actually, I have run into
one other ISP over the past couple of years that had
the same problem).  Every other function on the
Internet works fine after this change is made.  As far
as I know, no other browser except Microsoft Internet
Explorer seems to be affected.

I had to make this change in the Microsoft Internet
Explorer that my wife uses so that she could even look
at our various webpages!  I use Netscape so I never
had the problem!

Here is how to correct the problem (this doesn't seem
to have any effect on any other websites):

Click on the "tools" at the top of the page.

Click on "Internet Options"

Click on the "Advanced" tab

Scroll down to "Multimedia"

Remove the "check mark" from "Enable Automatic Image
Resizing"

Check on "OK"

Close and then restart your Internet Explorer.  The
problem will disappear!  I have no idea as to what the
problem is between Comcast and Internet Explorer but
by making that change everything works fine on the
Comcast websites and on every other one as well!

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites