1625 tube

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 7 11:25:50 EDT 2004

In the box of tubes which I "discovered" in one of my
attics in which the 810 tube was found, I also "found"
over a dozen brand new 1625 tubes some of which are in
the original RCA boxes and not the "plain" cardboard
JAN boxes.  A couple of the boxes indicate a
manufacturing date of June 1940!  Of course this was
before the United States entered World War II.

Obviously the 807 and 1625 were made for a few years
before World War II, but everyone thinks of the 1625
in terms of its use as the final amplifier tubes in
the ARC-5 series of equipment.  Some of the other
boxes indicate 1942 and later which are more "in line"
with the conventional thinking about the 1625.

Although the 1625 was designed well before the U.S.
entry into World War II it was a bit of an "education"
(actually more like being reminded of) the fact that
there is still some history to be learned about many
of the things that we take for granted.

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH