WTB Microphone Connector

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 12 19:20:28 EDT 2004

Worse comes to worse you can take a "normal" PL-259
UHF male connector and cut off the center pin about
half.  Use one of the reducers in the main part of the
connector, solder the center conductor of the
microphone cable to the pin and the shield to one of
the holes in the main part of the connector.

The threaded part of the PL-259 fits the Amphenol
connector exactly and the shortened pin will make the
proper connection to the center of the jack.

This "trick" has been around for at least 5 decades (I
read it in a late 1950s QST "Hints & Kinks" column)
and works fine today.  In fact, since I didn't have
the "proper" connector "handy" when I hooked up my
Hammarlund HX-50A several years ago I did just that.
So far, haven't gotten around to making the change to
the "proper" connection!  I use the HX-50A on 160
meter SSB.

Glen, K9STH

--- "Alan W. Fremmer" <AWFremmer at AOL.COM> wrote:

Hope someone out there can come up with an Amphenol
75-PC1M connector for my Lafayette Starflite
transmitter.  This is the same male connector used in
the Heath DX-60 series of transmitters.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites