1949 zenith porthole

WSHU Engineering paull at WSHU.ORG
Wed Sep 22 15:01:05 EDT 2004

While not a piece of ham gear, still very much a boat anchor, I need a
schematic for a 1949 Zenith Porthole TV, officially known as a
"Stratosphere"
I've tried most of the usual places like nostalgiaair.org but so far no
luck. I am well along on its restoration and discovered a 1/2 watt resistor
in the tuner which is burned beyond recognition. If anyone out there owns
one of these beasts perhaps you could help me determine the value of the
resistor  even if you don't have a schamatic. Upon request I can send a jpeg
of the tuner to help ID the toasted resistor. I'll be happy to pay for copy/
mailing costs etc. for the schematic
Thanks

Paul A. Litwinovich
Director of Engineering