FS: HBR-15 Receiver, Hallicrafters, Heathkit, Millen and Other Goodies

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Thu Apr 21 00:05:29 EDT 2005

Here are a some items for sale.  Prices do not include shipping. I am
open to reasonable offers. I will ship overseas.

Homebrew HBR-15 Receiver.......$550 plus shipping
This is a beautiful homebrew 15 tube AM-CW-SSB receiver. It uses plug-in
coils and covers 80-10 meters and it has an additional set of coils
which look like they may be for 6 meters. It uses three coils per band
and It has all of the coils for 80-6. The box shows the coils. The 40
meter coils are in the receiver. The construction and wiring is is very
well done and the National PW dial makes for very smooth tuning. I have
had this in my shack for the past few weeks and used it to listen 40
meters. Their are two empty tube sockets near the front of the receiver
which I believe are for mechanical filters which were not in the
receiver when I got it. It plays very well, has nice sounding audio on
SSB and AM and is quite impressive for a 40+ year old homebrew receiver.
More information on HBR receivers and documentation may be found on the
HBR Receiver Web Site at http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/HBR/hbr.html
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_15.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_152.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_153.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_154.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_155.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_156.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_157.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_158.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_159.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hbr_1520.JPG

National RAS HRO Junior Receiver Coil Set and Box....$350 plus shipping
The coils are as follows: 1 - 190-450 kHz, 4 - 2-4 MHz (80/75 meters), 5
- 4-7 MHz, 6 - 7-14 MHz (40 and 30 meters)
and 7 - 14 -30 MHz (20, 15 and 10 meters). The coils and wooden box are
in great shape. All coils work except coil 1 which has an open.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/ras_coilset.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/ras_coilset1.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/ras_coilset2.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/ras_coilset3.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/ras_coilset4.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/ras_coilset5.JPG

Hallicrafters SR-42.............$75 plus shipping
A separate transmitter receiver that puts out 5-6 watts and covers
144-148 MHz. This is a crystal controlled radio that also has provisions
for the HA-26 VFO It will probably will work with other VFO's with an 24
MHz fundamental frequency. The transmitter uses 24 MHz crystals and
includes two crystals for 145.14 MHz and 146.52 MHz. I used this for a
while with the HA-26 VFO to check into our local 2 meter AM net. I
recently obtained a Lafayette 2 Meter AM rig so this is surplus. The
unit works well and has good audio. It does have some scratches and
spots where the paint is missing.   Includes the microphone, power cord
(often missing) and a photocopy of the manual.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/hallisr42.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/hallisr423.JPG

Heathkit IP-32 Variable High Voltage Regulated Power Supply........$100
plus shipping
This is a variable high voltage supply. Here the specs: Output:  * 0-400
volts dc regulated and 0-100 ma continuous, Bias voltage is 0-100 volts
DC at 1 ma, Filament voltage is 6.3 volts at 4 amps. This unit is in
excellent condition and works well. and has a new pair of 6L6GC's
installed. Included is a partial copy of the manual.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/heathit32.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/heathit322.JPG

Electro-Voice EV-621L Dynamic Desk Microphone..........$65 plus shipping
Low impedance desk mike. Tested and working, the mike is in nice shape
with a few minor scuffs.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/ev621l.JPG

James Millen Frequency Meter Set I-129-(B) (Wavemeters).......$65 plus
shipping
Military set of four James Millen wavemeters covering 1.5 to 40 MHz.
This is the Signal Corps U.S. Army version and the box says manufactured
by Munston Mfg. and Service.  The wavemeters were manufactured by James
Millen. These are in excellent condition. The wooden carrying case has
the callsign of a previous owner.  Here are the frequencies of each
wavemeter:
*Meter No. 1: 1.5-3.5 MHz, *Meter No. 2: 3.5 - 8 MHz, *Meter No. 3: 8 -
18 MHz, *Meter No. 4: 18 - 40 MHz
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/wavemeterset3.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/wavemeterset.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/wavemeterset4.JPG

Quantity of 2- Price Electric Antenna Change-Over Relays..........$50
for the pair each plus shipping
These have N-connectors and are extremely well built. I believe they are
VHF/UHF relays
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/uhf_relay.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Dave  N7RK                Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*
ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX