RME 2-11 receiver

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 18 21:38:21 EDT 2005

I wonder if anyone has even seen an RME 2-11 receiver.
 This is a dual conversion complete receiver that has
3 bands:  27.0 MHz to 29.7 MHz, 50 MHz to 54 MHz, and
144 MHz to 148 MHz.  It also has provisions to use
with the various RME tunable converters like the
VHF-152A and the HF-10-20.

This receiver has 11 tubes plus the 5Y3 rectifier and
a VR150 voltage regulator making for 13 separate
tubes.  However, one of the tubes is a 12AT7 and
another is a 6AL5 which makes for a total of 13 tube
equivalents plus the rectifier and voltage regulator
tube.

I believe that the set was first introduced in 1949
since the Howard W. Sams Photofact that I have is
dated 12/49.  There must have been a "fair" number of
these manufactured since Sams did publish a Photofacts
on the receiver.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth