WRL Model LA-1

George Maier George at MAIERGROUP.COM
Tue Feb 15 18:08:21 EST 2005

Alan:
It's a 7H, 200 mA choke, but the book does not say anything beyond that.
Based on the operating parameters of the amp, I'd guess the operating
voltage would be at least 1500 VDC; insulated to 5 or 6 kV.

WRL used the exact same choke (WRL part # 1300-008) in the Globe Chief 90,
Globe Scout 680, DSB-100, Hi-Bander, Globe King 500B, and probably a raft of
other rigs as well.  Some manuals identify it as a 200 mA, some as 350 mA.
The 200 mA is probably and average current rating.

Good luck....
George - K1GXT

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Alan W. Fremmer
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:36 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] WRL Model LA-1

Guys,

Anyone happen to know the value of henrys and operating voltage of the
filter choke in the power supply of the LA-1.  I have a schematic and a
parts list
but there seems to be no reference to values.  Mine is buzzing  like crazy
and although the amplifier seems to be working well, would like to  replace
the
apparently defective choke.  Thanks for any help.

73, Alan - KB2HEI