Signal on 28.635 MHz

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 3 20:49:34 EST 2005

Nope!

I can hear the colorburst signals of numerous sets in
the neighborhood.  However, this signal is definitely
not the harmonic of a colorburst.  It gained some
modulation this evening that consists of two levels of
different frequencies.  The same signal is being heard
all over this area.  A few minutes ago several
stations were playing back the signal over 6 meter FM
and we were comparing it to what we were hearing on 10
meters.  Everyone was hearing the same thing.

We can hear the colorburst signals from televisions,
etc. and this signal is definitely not coming from
that source.

I did cut off every television, computer, monitor,
etc., in my house (unplugged them from the wall to
completely "kill" them).  That had no effect at all on
the signal.

Glen, K9STH

--- Mike Sanders K0AZ <k0az at corpranet.net> wrote:

I believe your hearing the 8th harmonic of a Color TV
color burst oscillator at 3.579. As strong as it is I
would suggest it is in your house and being radiated
by something that gives it a stronger vertical
component.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites