FS: Hallicrafters SX-71 Receiver

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Tue Jan 25 08:03:30 EST 2005

Hallicrafters SX-71 Receiver.....................$225 plus shipping
13 tube general coverage receiver that covers 550 kHz to 56 MHz in 5
bands. It has a separate bandspread dial for the 80-10 meter (no 15
meter) ham bands. It also has an S-meter, a crystal filter and a
variable BFO. The SX-71 was made from 1949-1955. This one does not have
bandspread for 15 meters therefore it is an early one.

This radio play reasonably well. I have had it in my shop and have been
listening to short wave broadcast on 60 and 31 meters as well as SSB and
CW on 40 meters. I replaced 4 tubes when I had it on the bench. All
functions do work including the S-Meter. It has two incorrect knobs -
the bandswitch and the BFO knob. They do show up on some of the
boatanchor lists from time to time. The cabinet and panel have no dings
or dents. Their are no extra holes. Their are some scratches and scuffs.

Includes a photocopy of the manual.

I will ship overseas

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hallisx71.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hallisx714.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hallisx715.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hallisx7110.JPG

Thanks for looking

Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector