Need Oddball Caps.

Kenneth Grimm kgrimm at ADELPHIA.NET
Thu Jun 2 10:25:20 EDT 2005

WSHU Engineering wrote:

>You can buy motor run caps in this range (4uf) at 660 vac from most
>electrical or motor supply houses. Since peak voltage is 660 x 1.414, the
>caps will work for up to 930 vdc. I have used them for years with no problem
>and compared to special order DC caps they are cheap!
>
>Paul A. Litwinovich
>Director of Engineering
>WSHU AM & FM, WSUF-FM
>N1MUC
>FCC License  PG-GB 039245
>"RF IS GOOD FOR YOU"

This is such a great tip, that I can't help but repeat the whole thing!  8*)

I have done this in the past, but like so many other good ideas, it had
slipped out of my memory banks.  Thanks for reminding me.

73,
--

Ken K4XL
k4xl at arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr