DX100B Restoration

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Mar 2 03:37:21 EST 2005

MANY thanks for the tips, James. I will do exactly what you said,
plus check the resistor values, and voltges, especially around the
VFO.
I have a dead xtal osc stage (12BY7) to look into and  a bunch of
dirty rotary switches to clean.

I hate the warm-up drift and will likley go to an external solid state
VFO ( I have this neat Kenwood 8.2 MHz to 9.2 MHz FET affair)

Would you chaps think it better to re-do the coils and caps in the
KW VFO or would you heterodyne the signal to get where you
wanted to go? Either one would require some new tuned circuits.

I was also considering using a cooling fan inside the DX100 to
move some air in the outward direction to make it run cooler and
to help stabilize things.

I do NOT care about running mine on SSB!
I am just trying to glean from the experiences of others with their
DX100s so thanks again, James!

Comments?

73 - Brian, AF4K