DX100B Restoration

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at UKY.EDU
Fri Mar 4 09:02:20 EST 2005

I once had a HG-10B that had a long slow drift every time it was taken from
standby to operate. Needless to say this was a real problem and never found
out what caused it. My final solution was to drop the supply voltage down
to something on the order of 50 volts and added 6AG7 buffer amplifier
externally to bring up the drive level.  I replaced components,tubes,
resistors,  SM capacitors and  never found the source of the problem. This
seemed unique to my VFO as luck would have it. If you find the  problem
with your DX100B let me know. Perhaps it was the same as mine 40 years ago.

73
Bill wa4lav