D104 Question

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 16 10:35:02 EDT 2005

Astatic quit making the D-104 and parts for it a
couple of years ago.  New cartridges have been going
for 3 or 4 times their original cost which was right
at $20.

Now, Mouser has a cartridge that is slightly smaller
in diameter than the original D-104 cartridge.
However, it works fine in the D-104 and in other
microphones as well.  I "converted" my "boom"
microphone to use this cartridge and have compared it
with my D-104 that has one of the last cartridges
furnished by Astatic before they discontinued the
microphone.  The reports are as good as, and sometimes
better than, the D-104.

The Mouser part number is 25LM022 and they cost $3.52
in single quantities.  However, Mouser is out of stock
right now (I ordered a couple last week) but they are
supposed to be again in stock in a couple of weeks.
The last time this happened I got the back order in
just a few days.  Their stock came in very early.

Glen, K9STH

--- Brian Carling <bcarling at CFL.RR.COM> wrote:

Does anyone know where to buy a replacement D104
cartridge? One of mine is dead.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth