GB> Crystal Grinding Abrasives

Brian AF4K bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri Nov 4 07:20:46 EST 2005

Hi Fritz - Speaking of crystal grinding...

I had wondered about the compounds... someone called me this
week wanting to know why he was destroying his crystal blanks by
grinding them with a grinding stone and no slurry!

I told him he had better read up on grinding techniques!
I also told him about  Hans Summer's ink "penning" method to
move them DOWN in frequencyt, as he may have several
that are just above the ham bands too.

That being said - if anyone wants to experiment, I have quite a few
boxes of quartz crystal blanks here, many with holder plates,
springs etc. if needed. A number are in the AM Broadcast band
and can be used as-is or moved up to 160m.

If anyone would like some - I have a bunch of blanks that
are in the 4 to 9 MHz range. These  are in boxes of about 100 or
about 200 each. I can sell them or trade them for other ham parts
and goodies that you don't need.

http://www.qsl.net/n6ev/ft243.txt
http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/oscillators/crystal-grinding.htm
http://www.subdevo.com/radio/crystal%20grinding/crystal%20grinding.htm