Battery pack substitution

DrRick drrick007 at OPTONLINE.NET
Tue Nov 8 15:57:16 EST 2005

Boom, I think. You may want to shunt regulate the output of gel pacs
and also look into the regulation of the charge circuit.
Peace,
DrRick

On Nov 8, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Linden, Jerome wrote:

I just acquired a HP105B frequency standard with a bad battery pack,
naturally.  It uses 20 D size NiCad's for 24 volts.  If I were to
replace the NiCad's with a couple lead-acid gel packs, would I be
causing a problem with the internal charging circuit?   (surge, load
current, etc, etc)   Tnx

JR Linden  K7PUR

Cave Creek, AZ