6 and 2 meter rigs

Eugene Balinski eugeneb at NNI.COM
Wed Oct 5 21:16:25 EDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:45:41 +0000
 kd4e <kd4e at VERIZON.NET> wrote:
> > 50.400 is especially active in New England on Saturday
> > mornings starting at 6:00 AM.   Yup,  6AM on 6AM.  Many
> > times they are still going past 9:00 AM
> > 73  Gene K1NR

I have a scanner that covers 50.400. I will typically turn
in on when I get up Sat AM.  Makes it easy to check for
activity.

> About this time of year up there you need the 6M BA
> rig fired up at 6AM because the fire in the fireplace
> has died down and it is gettin' mighty coooold!  ;-)

You are right.  If you the rig going at 5:00 AM, both the
rig and the shack will just be coming up to temperature by
the time the coffee is ready, and 6:00 Am roll around.  : -
)

>> I am thinking a 3A5 mini-tube transmitter for 6M AM
> would be pretty easy to build.  Hmmm.

Sounds interesting.  Please share the design...

73
Gene K1NR