hard to find 2 pin microphone plugs

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Apr 2 14:23:29 EDT 2006

And if all else fails, Allied Electronics has about 700 of the male
cable (WPI 80MC2M) for about $8 each.   Newark has almost 1500, but at
$11 each.!

WPI (Wire Pro Inc) offers many of the former Amphenol product line of
interest to boatanchorists.   Octal (yes, even the "11 pin" octal, but
alas NOT the "9 pin" version,) plugs and sockets (77, 78 and 86 Series),
the "single pin" mic connector (80-75-MC1F), and even the 91Q latch lock
"professional" audio connectors.

Most of these are stocked by the "old line" distributors such as Arrow,
Allied and Newark, but not by the "modernist" Mouser and DigiKey!  :-)
Obviously the prices are not "hamfest", but factoring inflation over the
last time you bought one of them NEW, not all that bad.   Just don't
look them up in your 1960 Allied catalog..................

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake B & C-Line Service CDs
<http://www.k4oah.com>