2 pin mic plugs are SOLD OUT

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Apr 4 10:17:16 EDT 2006

Those are not the two-pin connectors in question.  The one being
discussed was made by Amphenol many years ago as the 80MC-2M and is
currently being manufactured by Wire Pro Inc. (WPI) along with other
plugs and sockets of interest to us.   Unfortunately the "modern"
suppliers such as Mouser, Digikey, etc. don't seem to carry them, but
the "old line" guys such as Allied Electronics and Newark stock them.

The 0.206" dia, three circuit plugs (Switchcraft S260) are readily
available from many distributors, manufactured by Switchcraft and
others.  The one that is difficult to find is the "right angle" version
with the "flat" back.  This one is desirable for the Drake B Line
specifically because the mic jack is on the side of the transmitter.
The C Line moved it to the back panel and the regular "straight" plug
works fine.  Again, the flat one is still manufactured by Switchcraft
under the S230 part number.  Mouser does carry this one, as does Newark.

Unfortunately, the prices have are "slightly higher" than they were in
the 1960 Allied catalog!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake B & C-Line Service CDs